Your website is filled with opportunities to direct visitors to your shopping cart or to take the next step on their customer journey. Conversion rate optimization ensures that visitors take the action you want them to take. Because you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t always make them drink.
You can turn more visitors into customers using these strategies to nail conversion rate optimization.
Basic Conversion Rate Optimization
For a highly simplified version of conversion rate optimization, you can optimize each element of your site:
- Homepage: Emphasize links to product info, feature free sign-up buttons, use a chatbot.
- Pricing Page: Prominently feature CTA to get quotes, make pricing clear, be descriptive for all features.
- Blog: Aggressive, clear, text-based CTAs, invitations to learn more, email collection for more detailed info such as free eBooks and white papers.
- Landing Pages: Optimize with previews to encourage the action required on the page.
Conversion Rate Marketing Strategies
You can consider these strategies to help visitors take action, quickly converting them into customers.
- Use lead flows: Use pop-ups on your blog page to advertise valuable offers.
- A/B test landing pages: Run A/B tests for copy, offers, images, form questions, and page design to see what gets the most conversions.
- Marketing-qualified leads: Make it easy for people to get to a sales rep right away with easy conversion paths, such as prominent demo requests, quotes, and contact information.
- Build workflows: Marketing automation speeds up workflows for your sales team. Make it easy for people to email representatives with the click of a button or set up high-intent actions so that they trigger an email notification to your sales reps.
- Messaging capabilities: Make chatting with someone from your team easy using messaging capabilities on your highest performing pages.
- Optimize blog posts: Use the blog posts with the most traffic and up the ante with additional information such as an offer for services relevant to the post’s content. Concentrate marketing efforts on getting more visitors to posts that have a higher conversion rate.
- Use retargeting: Create a retargeting campaign to show people ads that are relevant to their last site visit to encourage them to return for the final steps. Use strong images and offers for the best results.
Prioritize your conversion rate optimization plan, using the PIE (potential, importance, and ease) framework. Ask yourself three questions for each of the above strategies:
- How much potential improvement will this strategy provide?
- How important are these improvements?
- How easy will it be to implement these improvements?
Assign a score from 1 to 10 to each section that you are considering, add up the numbers, and then divide them by three. List each strategy from highest to lowest to prioritize your conversion rate optimization plan.
Once you have your optimization in place, use these helpful formulas to set goals:
- Number of new customers = New revenue goal ÷ average sales price
- Lead goal = Number of new customers ÷ lead-to-customer close rate
- Conversion rate = Leads generated ÷ website traffic x 100%
With these tips, you’ll be well on your way to increase your conversion rate!
Start Consistently Generating Leads and Closing Leads
Need help generating leads? Need a proven methodology to close those leads? The Rebel Unicorn is trusted by industry leaders and enterprising startups to provide lead generation services that deliver results.