According to a Twitter survey, 49% of respondents said they trust influencers for information about the products and services they choose. The last 10 years have seen a fundamental shift in how consumers get information about products and services. Here’s how you can increase your brand’s awareness by marketing with social media influencers that suit your brand.
When you do it correctly, it’s a win-win for the influencer and for your company.
When social media influencers get their hands on your products or services for free, they can try out your offerings. That can result in valuable mentions and reviews.
How to do it
- It doesn’t have to be a free gift. You can offer a fun and interactive tour of your site, a free service at their home, or an invitation to attend an extravagant, edgy, or crazy event you are throwing.
- Reach out to influencers and find out how they do things. Many will accept free gifts, but then don’t do much with the items. Others might expect to be paid for mentioning your brand.
- Check out their reviews. If you see a pattern of sarcastic, nasty reviews, this is their style, and it’s unlikely your review will be different.
There is a chance the influencer won’t connect with or like what you’re selling or find fault in it.
An excellent example of influencer partnerships going well is TomTom. When they gifted their new fitness tracker to influencers, they got 1.1M impressions, more than twice the industry standard for engagement, 133% ROI, and 50.300+ engagements.
Basically, you’re paying a blogger to write something about your brand on their own blog.
How to do it
- Simply research influencers, look for signs of sponsorship on their blogs, and approach them to find out how you can arrange for a post.
According to FTC guidelines, there has to be a note that it is sponsored content. This can take away from the authenticity in the eyes of some followers.
Sponsored posts also mention the opinions are the influencer’s own. You’ll get some links to and from an authority domain. According to Moz, authority site links are one of the top search engine influences.
Giveaways & Contests
Offering free stuff to influencers for contests and giveaways is good for both of you.
How to do it
- Be sure to offer something that will be of value to the audience, and that’s also something you can afford to offer.
- Let the influencer provide input on what to give away as they know their audience.
- Make it easy for people to participate. A good approach is to ask people to post pictures of themselves or friends using your product or service on social using branded hashtags.
Aside from the cost, if you make the wrong choice in influencer, you might see the offer fall flat. This will be noticed in the feed, which will be bad.
Sunny Co Clothing gave away a free red bathing suit when someone reposted their photo and tagged them, getting 341,042 likes and 121,000 comments.
You can offer to write a guest post for an influencer’s blog.
How to do it
- Look for influencers that accept guest posts on highly trusted platforms.
- Research their blog to make sure you have an original idea so that your post will be up to snuff.
- Approach the blogger to offer your free guest post.
They say no, or their audience isn’t interested.
You earn a place in the ranks with the greats like Videofruit founder Bryan Harris. According to Entrepreneur, he saw a 500% increase in page views, a 600% increase in unique page views, and a 6% decrease in bounce rate.
Marketing with Social Media Influencers is Easier Than You Think
If you want to start marketing with social media influencers but aren’t sure where to start, Rebel Unicorn can help. We are experts in social media marketing and brand strategy. We are trusted by companies large and small to create and execute on strategies for growth.
Contact us today to get started!